Sunday, May 8, 2011

Three Little Birds

First off, I was called egotistical and rude by two different people within the period of a week.

I really don't care, especially since one said I was egotistic and self-centered in the same sentence, which just makes her a redundant buffoon.

The rude part is what bothers me. That is the last thing that I would ever want to be described as. Egotistical, however, I find debatable.

The first definition is someone boastful of themselves. I am not going to deny it, I am pretty great and I enjoy people taking note of it. The second definition is someone indifferent to the well-being of others and selfish. Most definitely not my cup of tea. My parents did not raise me this way and I will never want to be considered selfish.

Extremely confident? Yes. Ridiculous? Yes. Easily amused? Yes. Rude? Absolutely not.

----------------------

Apparently, during my delivery, the doctors were all singing Bob Marley’s “Three Little Birds.”

Don't worry about a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',

Smiled with the risin' sun,

Three little birds

Pitch by my doorstep

Singin' sweet songs

Of melodies pure and true,

Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou."

I feel this explains a lot about me. Also, whenever I hear this song, it makes me smile and brings on a fresh wave of optimism.

Hopefully you hear it in the near future and it has the same positive effect on your mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment